Surveys & products
Developing global talent and assigning employees to posts outside their home countries raises both strategic and tactical issues for global firms.
At the strategic level, global firms are asking us:
- How does global mobility impact our business outcomes? Does it lead to improved client relations, faster growth, and higher profitability?
- Are we making the most effective use of our global talent? What happens to our people with international experience?
- If assignments are critical to meeting global business demands, how can we facilitate mobility and ensure equitable treatment in a global environment?
- How can we maintain the best cost and value relationship?
At the tactical level, firms must consider how to:
- Develop the appropriate set of conditions
- Define the process management requirements
- Select and prepare employees (and family members) to be effective when living and doing business in a different business environment
- Monitor and implement security programs
Mercer Human Resource Consulting works with you to develop global mobility strategies that support and are aligned with your global business objectives and broader HR strategies. We do this by implementing in-depth analysis to provide you with powerful business metrics that enable you to make decisions based not on perceptions but on facts and realities. We then define the types of assignments that add the most value and develop approaches suited to your actual assignment patterns to facilitate critical global moves, reduce unnecessary expense, and provide equitable treatment among employees.
With our international coverage, our strength in global compensation and benefits consulting, and our experience in global workforce issues, we have all the experienced resources needed to help you approach overseas assignments strategically.
Mercer Hong Kong
26/F & 27/F Central Plaza
18 Harbour Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3476 3800
Fax: +852 2506 4161
Visit Mercer worldwide to link to any country site, or go directly to these popular country sites:
Read Mercer's latest thinking on Surveys & products issues in Insights
Our country businesses
Mercer has developed local services to better suit each country.